Chief Finance Officer
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer reports to the President & CEO and assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial, legal, and human resource activities of the company.
Specific Responsibilities include:
The CFO will play a key role in developing, monitoring, and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the CEO and leaders of the business units with emphasis on bottom line performance, working capital and enhancing investor value. This position will provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy.
The CFO will interact effectively with other parts of the management team. Critical outcomes include supporting the executive team with key financial information and operational analytics and driving a culture of accountability in managing the business. The CFO must have direct experience in a high growth entrepreneurial company culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the financial strategy including capital needs, product revenue profiles, revenue recognition, expense management, P&L performance, and cash management.
- Hands on day-to-day management of a small 3-person team including: Assistant Controller, Staff Accountant and Human Resources Manager.
- Manage financial capital; communicate capital requirements/ implications of business decisions to CEO, management team, and Board of Directors.
- Lead all new capital acquisition strategies and tactics assuring sufficient access to capital to support aggressive growth.
- Manage a global portfolio of clients assuring minimum currency and collections risk.
- Conduct proactive financial and product analysis to improve key business decisions focusing on management of working capital and operational performance.
- Provide financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing business strategy.
- Establish internal control processes required to manage and grow the business.
- Drive the annual budget process and the monthly reporting,
- Expand financial reporting systems to determine daily and weekly gross profit estimates.
- Drive effective internal and external communication interactions.
- Manage the fiduciary responsibility of the CFO.
- Lead financial aspects of targeted M&A activity.
- Structure, negotiate, and finalize purchase agreements.
- Manage all legal requirements for 3rd party service providers, technology solution providers, event hotels/venues and client contracts.
- Direction for Human Resource Management including payroll, benefits administration, talent management and employee relations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles.
- Experience with private equity and commercial lending is required.
- Direct experience in a high growth entrepreneurial company culture.
- Experience in working with the Board of Directors.
- Experience in working with business leaders building a robust ARR product portfolio.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
The Chief Financial Officer enjoys a competitive base salary, annual performance bonus and equity options program participation. In addition, the role participates in all SAPinsider employee benefit programs including healthcare coverage, life insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, and 401K plan.
About SAPinsider: The Largest and Most Active, Global SAP Member Community
SAPinsider is an independent research and marketing services organization that owns the largest global SAP technology and line of business professional community with over 525,000 technology and business members. The SAPinsiders are either currently using or considering using the SAP solution platform to enable digital transformation and operational excellence within their respective businesses. SAPinsider members depend on our guidance for their investments in SAP based technologies.
SAPinsider works with SAP and it’s over 17,000 global solution and technology partners through its research and expert network to lead the market discussion across the SAPinsider community on what is working, which vendors can drive measurable value, new and emerging trends and how to successfully implement technology enabled process improvements.
Next Steps: Take the Lead on Your Future
Send your confidential resume and cover letter SAPinsider at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the role in your cover letter and why this is the right next step for you.