We are a publishing and events company looking for a UI/UX and general web designer who exhibits strong attention to detail and thrives in a dynamic environment. This person must work well with a small team and be prepared to take full responsibility for project launches. Looking for a combination of creative skills, and technical attention to detail to support the marketing team. Sites to develop and manage would be anything from corporate and brand sites, powered by a WordPress CMS, so smaller event websites, using a variety of platforms. The goal of all projects is to build and support sites or microsites that engage our audience and convert them to register. Candidate must have strong marketing skills.
- Design all visual stages of web layouts from concept to final hand-off to development
- Develop interactive designs and styling for cengage.com that meets customer demands and ease of use
- Shape and maintain the UX/UI of event websites
- Diagrams/sketches to wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Test and optimize web page designs
- Be an advocate for user-centric design principles, while maintaining clear objectives that merge design, content, business, and marketing concerns
- Articulate the strengths and weaknesses of designs and offer data conclusions and recommendations
- Enforce to current brand style guides
- Prepare graphics for the web
- Assist with event marketing including social media activity and email marketing support
- Proven experience as a web designer (portfolio examples)
- Proficient knowledge of design software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, etc.)
- Outstanding eye for mobile-friendly/Mobile 1st design
- Strong understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that website designs will adhere to them
- Strong understanding of UX/UI, visual design and development
- Understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment
- Strong understanding of front-end web development languages such as HTML/CSS
- Strong understanding of metrics and testing tools (Hot Jar, Google Analytics, Optimizely)
- Basic understanding of industry-leading CMSs (WordPress, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively with web developers to ensure designs can be implemented efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive can-do attitude.
- Emphasis on ability to be self-motivated and a quick learner, with good organization and time management skills
The role enjoys a competitive base salary and annual performance bonus. In addition, the role participates in all SAPinsider employee benefit programs including healthcare coverage, life insurance, unlimited vacation, commuter rail benefits and 401K plan.
About SAPinsider: The Largest and Most Active, Global SAP Member Community
SAPinsider is an independent research and marketing services organization that owns the largest global SAP technology and line of business professional community with over 350,000 technology and business members. The SAPinsiders are either currently using or considering using the SAP solution platform to enable digital transformation and operational excellence within their respective businesses. SAPinsider members depend on our guidance for their investments in SAP based technologies.
SAPinsider works with SAP and it’s over 17,000 global solution and technology partners through its research and expert network to lead the market discussion across the SAPinsider community on what is working, which vendors can drive measurable value, new and emerging trends and how to successfully implement technology enabled process improvements.
Next Steps: Take the Lead on Your Future
Send your confidential resume and cover letter including salary history to SAPinsider at Sarah.Welcome@wispubs.com and reference the role in your cover letter and why this is the right next step for you.