Sales Director – Premium Membership & Events
The Sales Director is both a hands on individual sales executive but also leads a team which drives event group attendee registration sales and subscription Premium Membership sales to our global SAPinsider community. The Sales Director is a type-A person that is self-motivated and driven for high performance with proven team development experience.
The Sales Director will leverage our comprehensive recruitment and training program to grow and develop a scalable and successful Sales team by building sales skills and learning about SAPinsider’s membership and event attendance offerings.
The sales team has a dedicated territory of Global 5,000 named accounts to build deep relationships within. The sales team will sell Premium Membership and Group Event attendance tickets into each account. The Sales team retains each account year of year to build a long-term annuity relationship with each account.
The Sales Director reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Build and manage a team of sales representatives committed to achieving monthly sales growth goals.
- Personally manage a portfolio of existing named account companies and additional qualified leads developed by marketing and grow the opportunity in each.
- Direct selling includes email marketing, prospect calling, client servicing, renewal positioning and inbound lead conversion.
- Sell Premium Membership and Group Event Attendee tickets with an average sale of $2,500 to $50,000 per sale.
- Each sales executive will manage a portfolio of 500 named account companies each with existing relationships with SAPinsider to develop and grow.
- Each sales executive will manage a $500,000 annual bookings quota.
- Utilize SAP/ERP technology knowledge along with event & research agenda focus to build strong relationships with influential advocates within named accounts.
- Maintain and nurture a past attendee and member prospect database within your named accounts.
- Assure continuous positive touch points to assure annual member renewals.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of proven sales team leadership experience.
- Commitment to achieving monthly sales quotas.
- Proven experience in selling membership, subscription, event attendance, and/or content services to global 5,000 companies.
- Passion for working with IT and Business professionals using enterprise software and technology solutions.
- Exceptional speaking, writing and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong experience working within a CRM environment with a preference to SFDC experience.
The Sales Director enjoys a competitive base salary, annual bonus program and a sales commission program. Annual OTE for the Sales Director is greater than $150,000 with uncapped upside potential.
In addition, the role participates in all SAPinsider employee benefit programs including:
- Healthcare coverage
- Dental care coverage
- Life insurance
- 3 weeks vacation plus 10 Company holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401K plan with company match
Next Steps: Take the Lead on Your Future
Send your confidential resume and cover letter to SAPinsider at James Bedard firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the role in your cover letter and why this is the right next step for you.
About SAPinsider: The Largest and Most Active, Global SAP Member Community
SAPinsider is an independent research and marketing services organization that leads the largest global SAP technology and line of business professional community with over 500,000 technology and business members. The SAPinsider members are actively using SAP to enable digital transformation and operational excellence within their respective businesses. SAPinsider members depend on our Premium Membership of research, education, networking and events to support their investments in SAP based technologies and business processes.