The Research Director is a hands-on leader with a passion for telling the story of how SAPinsiders drive business value through financial process improvements. The Research Director will build relationships across SAPinsider members, SAP, technology companies and industry experts.
Specific research coverage area includes:
- SAP S/4 HANA
- SAP Central Finance
- SAP Finance
- Cloud Finance
- Core Accounting & Financial Close
- Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis
- Treasury & Cash Management
- Financial Process Automation
- Revenue Management
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Technology Vendor Leadership
- Establish deep relationships across the SAP vendor landscapes at the CMO, Field Marketing, Event Management, Product Marketing & Product Management roles.
- Conduct quarterly/annual technology briefings with all key software and solution providers and publish SAPinsider Insight Briefs on each.
- Thought Leadership Publishing
- Lead a panel of SAPinsider financial members to steer the content agenda.
- Interview multiple SAPinsider members every day to learn the key business issues, what technology solutions they are adopting and their lessons learned.
- Publish four (4) research reports per year on key research agenda topics.
- Publish a featured article in each Quarterly edition of SAPinsider Magazine.
- Publish a weekly featured article in the Financial Insights newsletter.
- Event & Summit Leadership
- Lead the overall performance for each Event & Summit aligned with the market.
- Direct the overall session agenda, speaker acquisition and sponsor selling.
- Keynote speaker at each Event & Summit aligned with the market.
- Client Experience
- Work with dedicated sales team to engage SAP and SAP Partner technology prospects.
- Oversee the delivery of all client engagements working with dedicated Client Success team and Product owners.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong understanding of ERP, finance, financial software and analytics.
- Empathy and awareness of the challenges facing the CFO’s team.
- Understanding of SAP and SAP Partner solutions impacting the finance function.
- Understanding of B2B technology product marketing and management.
- Passion for research, writing and content production
- Exceptional speaking and interviewing skills.
- BA or equivalent with advanced degree preferred.
The Research Director enjoys a competitive base salary and an annual performance bonus that assures a compelling overall compensation package. In addition, the role participates in all SAPinsider employee benefit programs including healthcare coverage, life insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation plus company paid holidays, spending accounts, T-Pass, and 401K plan with company match.
About SAPinsider: The Largest and Most Active, Global SAP Member Community
SAPinsider is an independent research and marketing services organization that owns the largest global SAP technology and line of business professional community with over 400,000 technology and business members. The SAPinsiders are either currently using or considering using the SAP solution platform to enable digital transformation and operational excellence within their respective businesses.
SAPinsider works with SAP and it’s over 17,000 global solution and technology partners through its research and expert network to lead the market discussion across the SAPinsider community on what is working, which vendors can drive measurable value, new and emerging trends and how to successfully implement technology enabled process improvements. SAPinsider members depend on our guidance for their investments in SAP based technologies.
Next Steps: Take the Lead on Your Future
Send your confidential resume to SAPinsider to James Bedard, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the role in your cover letter and why this is the right next step for you.