The Director is a strong technical, data and website engineering leader. The Director is a type-A person that is self motivated, always puts clients first and is driven for high performance for the company. The Director reports to the CEO of the company.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Leadership accountability for the overall website design, architecture, functionality and performance.
- Recruit, train and manage a 3-4 person team of software development, website design, database management and data analytics professionals.
- Implement and integrate a new enterprise web-based marketing, analytics, database and virtual event software platform.
- Create and maintain thorough architectural and design documentation for the platform.
- Create and maintain an extensible architecture that assure agile response to market needs of future features and capabilities.
- Regularly collaborate with the marketing, membership and events teams to ensure that the platform architecture can deliver the appropriate user experience.
- Recommend tooling that can help with team efficiency and assure product success.
- Lead efforts to design and deploy new and existing applications into cloud (AWS / Azure) environments.
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Solution Selection – ability to drive to the selection of engineering solutions which best match the needs of the overall system.
- Seek out and provide guidance on new practices and technologies that may result in competitive advantage or improved ways of working.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of proven software development experience including at least 2+ years in the management of a small engineering team.
- Provide technical vision and overall technology leadership for the entire company.
- Experience designing and developing member based community content and marketing platforms.
- Experience with e-Commerce web based business models and technology.
- Strong experience with MySQL, SQL database management.
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and advanced website analysis tools.
- Experience with website data integration with marketing automation, analytics and CRM.
- Understanding of web server scalability, accessibility and user interfaces.
- Manage all 3rd party technology and integration partners.
- Exceptional project management skills with direct experience in managing multiple ongoing client delivery projects.
- BA or equivalent in computer science or related discipline.
The Director enjoys a competitive base salary, annual bonus potential and stock option participation. In addition, the role participates in all SAPinsider employee benefit programs including healthcare coverage, life insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, commuter rail benefits and 401K plan.
About SAPinsider: The Largest and Most Active, Global SAP Member Community
SAPinsider is an independent research and marketing services organization that owns the largest global SAP technology and line of business professional community with over 380,000 technology and business members. The SAPinsiders are either currently using or considering using the SAP solution platform to enable digital transformation and operational excellence within their respective businesses. SAPinsider members depend on our guidance for their investments in SAP based technologies.
SAPinsider works with SAP and it’s over 17,000 global solution and technology partners through its research and expert network to lead the market discussion across the SAPinsider community on what is working, which vendors can drive measurable value, new and emerging trends and how to successfully implement technology enabled process improvements.
Next Steps: Take the Lead on Your Future
Send your confidential resume and cover letter including salary history to SAPinsider at email@example.com and reference the role in your cover letter and why this is the right next step for you.