About SAPinsider: The Largest and Most Active, Global SAP Member Community
SAPinsider is an independent research and marketing services organization that owns the largest global SAP technology and line of business professional community with over 450,000 technology and business members. The SAPinsiders are either currently using or considering using the SAP solution platform to enable digital transformation and operational excellence within their respective businesses. SAPinsider members depend on our guidance for their investments in SAP based technologies.
SAPinsider works with SAP and it’s over 17,000 global solution and technology partners through its research and expert network to lead the market discussion across the SAPinsider community on what is working, which vendors can drive measurable value, new and emerging trends and how to successfully implement technology enabled process improvements.
The CTO is a strong technical, data and platform development leader. The CTO is a type-A person that is self-motivated, always puts clients first and is driven for high performance for the company. The CTO reports to the CEO and is a member of the Executive Leadership team.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Provide technology vision aligned to the company business plan.
- Recruit, train and manage a 4-5 person team of software development, website design, database management and data analytics professionals.
- Manage and evaluate existing offshore development relationships with third party contract development services.
- Operate, extend and integrate a new enterprise web-based marketing, analytics, database and virtual event software platform.
- Create and maintain thorough architectural and design documentation for the platform.
- Create and maintain an extensible cloud based architecture that assure agile response to market needs of future features and capabilities.
- Regularly collaborate with the marketing, membership and events teams to ensure that the platform architecture can deliver the appropriate user experience.
- Establish a QA design and test review process to ensure compliance with standards.
- Understand the market for new practices and technologies that may result in competitive advantage or improved ways of working.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- 10+ years of proven software development experience including at least 5+ years in the management of an entrepreneurial technology development team.
- Experience designing and developing member based community content and marketing platforms assuring increasing member engagement and retention.
- Experience with the development of secure cloud based data architectures.
- Experience with marketing automation, analytics and CRM systems to deliver real time client results to our clients’ platforms.
- Understanding of infrastructure scalability, accessibility and user interfaces.
- Exceptional project management skills with direct experience in managing multiple ongoing client delivery projects.
- BA or equivalent in computer science or related discipline.
The CTO enjoys a competitive base salary, annual bonus potential and stock option participation. In addition, the role participates in all SAPinsider employee benefit programs including healthcare coverage, life insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, commuter rail benefits and 401K plan.
Next Steps: Take the Lead on Your Future
Send your confidential resume and cover letter to SAPinsider at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the role in your cover letter and why this is the right next step for you.