Cyber-attacks can have severe consequences when it comes to SAP S/4HANA applications. These attacks focus on the company’s application layer and use privileged user accounts. Unfortunately, many security departments see the SAP application layer as a “black box,” and assume the security of SAP applications as the responsibility of their Basis or SAP application colleagues, leaving these applications at risk.
Securing an SAP S/4HANA business application environment involves more than roles and authorizations. The loss of sensitive data can lead to severe penalties, damages reputation, and endanger the overall business of businesses within minutes.
In this session, you will:
- Understand the challenges and needs to secure your SAP landscape
- Know how security frameworks can help lay the foundation for a strong security strategy
- Explore SAP’s portfolio of security and compliance solutions through the lens of the Cybersecurity Framework provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Get overview to the toolkit for creating a comprehensive security strategy to meets your unique needs
- Learn to control the activities with a security infrastructure to meet compliance and business requirements and get insight that helps those at the C level make better decisions
MEET THE AUTHORS
Arndt Lingscheid has 18 years of SAP experience in Pre-Sales, Product Management, Product Consulting, Secure ABAP programming and secure SAP configuration. He is well versed in SAP NetWeaver, SAP S/4 HANA, SAP Security, SAP Change and Transport Management, ABAP programming and SAP Basis administration