We frequently hear the words “Digital” and “Transformation” these days.
What is it really, in the context of your business?
Let’s explore what has been happening in the world around us:
True Story #1 – One of the largest sporting events in United States, powered by Hitachi
True Story #2 – One of the most complex transportation systems on the planet, made possible and safe by Hitachi
Now, what does all this mean for your business and how can you leverage such strengths from Hitachi?
We have super-converged the technology underlying all these results to help you with solutions that deliver ‘real’ business value propositions:
- by enhancing predictability of business propositions using analytic patterns
- which happens by connecting the dots in your enterprise data
- realized by unifying structured and big data with IoT
- and leveraging cloud, fog and beyond
In terms of your data center –
To understand this better, we need to think differently when we talk about platform and infrastructure. Traditionally, platform and infrastructure have been closely linked to hardware. And we have changed that definition a bit. From a Business Solutions perspective, we are moving very fast towards Open Platforms running on Open Infrastructure. This enables industry vertical solutions to be deployed as containerized solutions which can be easily deployed with one click and managed seamlessly across deployments – basically, everything built for the cloud and everything available as a service (XaaS).
All that, of course, resides on top of our best-in-class hardware platforms. Hardware is in our DNA and is one of the core strengths of Hitachi Data Systems and these “solutions”, in quotes, are what help us cater to providing true business value-add.
Which is the reason Hitachi Digital Transformation enables your business with a “Solutions” approach. And the “solution” is the actual Business Value Proposition, for example, we can enable you to:
- Carry out better packaged pricing and targeted marketing campaigns like family and friends packages which increase your customer retention by X%
- Achieve just-in-time smart inventory, thereby reducing inventory costs by Y%
To be able to do these things, we have purpose-built the all-new super-converged Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) which enables containerized deployment on demand – both cloud and on-prem with the extra value add of a single point of control and if required, chargeback. Designing solutions for the cloud is a must, even if it is deployed on-premise. That is where most of us will eventually need to move, be it a private instance, if it will.
Here is what we have already converged with Hitachi UCP – one platform for all workloads:
- Ability to run Applications (ERP, BI Tools, Predictive Analytics) on traditional as well as in-memory databases
- Ability to run in-memory databases alongside on-drive databases
- Integration of all of that with other data sources including big, fog and machine data leveraging Pentaho
- Multiple options for virtualization and logical partitioning for all of the above
- Solution starter-kits such as Telco Churn Analytics (launched at Mobile World Congress 2016)
More “solutions” for various industry verticals coming soon, stay tuned …
For more information, you can reach Debi by email at email@example.com.
This Series – Part 2 >>>